The name of the Association is “THE HOVE BUSINESS ASSOCIATION”. The objects of the Association are as follows:-
- To encourage a high standard of service to the public.
- To publicise the Hove area as a fine shopping and business centre at every opportunity.
- To undertake negotiations with the City Council, Public Utilities and any other Authorities on matters affecting general business in the area.
- To invite Members to submit for discussion matters affecting general business in the area.
- To develop mutual acquaintance and co-operation between Members and the public.
- To encourage and effect close co-operation with other organisations having similar general interests.
- To promote social functions amongst businesses in the area.
- To operate on a non-profit distribution basis and politically independent basis.
- The Association will not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability, sexuality and age, or on political, religious or other opinions.
- The website is owned by the Members and is provided as a media to communicate with its Members, and to promote business in Hove and Portslade.